Re: ftps using curl to filezilla server

From: Armel Asselin <asselin.armel_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 09:29:43 +0200

for some reason, libcurl ftps expects data connection to be encrypted without telling PROT P, but FileZilla expects the contrary.
the technic is to use simple ftp:// then upgrade with PROT P, and there it works.
in fact from what I could read here and there, implicit protection (ftps) is rather obsolete, however, like you, I would have found that cool to have this works directly [one way could be to send PROT P unconditionnaly in ftps mode, it would not be understood by very old ftp implemtentations other SSL, and would be by newer ones, which consequently would make the server and libcurl expect the same thing]

Armel