Re: running_handles: less than zero ?

From: Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 12:11:08 -0500

> I committed a fix now that really should set a timer no more
> than 30 seconds away for that set of options...

I tested this fix against the same list of 238 URL's that I tried
yesterday, and the stalling problem seems to have disappeared.
Nice work!

> I think the problem without those settings set are more strange, since
> when in perform and the sockets are in "RECVING" state as shown in your
> dump, and your app is waiting for them to receive, then there's not much
> libcurl can do to screw up. There simply is a set of sockets that it
> keeps track of that are waiting to receive data...

Not sure if I understand you here. If I don't set some sort of low
speed/time limit, then I would expect the app to stall under some
conditions. At least, I've seen this happen many times with the curl
command-line tool, long before ares or hiper were ever invented.
That doesn't seem too strange to me.

As far as I'm concerned, the problem seems to be fixed,
at least for today!

Thanks for your patience,

 - Jeff