Curl library crashes with Norton Security Suite installed

From: Marcus Carey <mlcarey1959_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:13:58 -0700 (PDT)

I am developing a client application that uses the curl library. This application crashes when I have the Norton Security Suite installed. Sometimes I get the message "cannot resolve hostname." But I cannot kill the process in the Windows TaskManager or using TaskKill. Whenever the application crashes I must reboot my computer. After unstalling the Norton Security Suite software the application stopped crashing. So I am wondering if there are any compatibility issues with the curl library and internet security software that block outgoing internet connections.

  Thank you,

  Marcus Carey