Re: Connection-Close not recognised by Https over Proxy with Authentication

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 22:24:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006, Source wrote:

> When using the Jana-Server2 with authentication to access a https-Server,
> the JANA-Server sends a Connection-Close on first access without password.
> Curl sends the second request with the password on the same handle which is
> then not accepted by the Jana-server.

Welcome to KNOWN_BUGS #25. This has been a very popular bug to report lately.

Yes, unfortunately libcurl doesn't properly deal with a CONNECT response that
is closed, as it assumes it will always remain alive if the connection is
good.

I'll happily accept patches that improve this situation. I have no personal
plans to attack this problem right now, and I don't know anyone working on it.