Re: java/curl DNS issue on Linux

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 22:31:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006, Mann, Bryan wrote:

> I am attempting to use www.swig.org and libcurl(7.15.5) to create a more
> extensive java for curl binding on Linux(knoppix 3.4) than what I find on
> the Net.

Sounds like a good plan!

> To test my "binding" I have re-written simple.c into simple.java and am
> getting a CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_HOST error.

Now that's odd. Can you use curl find from the command line with the same
URL/host ?

> I'm pretty much out of ideas on this except to start digging into libcurl
> code itself. I am happy to provide what code I have for anyone that thinks
> that might help debug the problem.

First, enable CURLOPT_VERBOSE to see if you get any further info!

If that doesn't help, you could also try stracing your process to see if you
get any further info that reveals why this might happen.