Re: easy API: curl_easy_perform() doesn't return after receiving all data

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 09:09:22 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, James Buchanan wrote:

>> What libcurl version on what platform?
>
> me_at_spartacus:~$ curl-config --version
> libcurl 7.13.2

Just note that this version is some 18 months old and you may suffer from bugs
already fixed in later versions.

> curl_easy_setopt(curl_handle, CURLOPT_HEADER, TRUE); // necessary?

Yes, if you want the headers passed to your write function.

> curl_easy_setopt(curl_handle,
> CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION, CURL_HTTP_VERSION_1_1);

it defaults to 1.1

> http_headers = curl_slist_append(http_headers, "Host: api.google.com");

Not necessary, libcurl sets Host: by itself to this.

> http://www.nwo.com.au/dump.dat
>
> Is the CURLOPT_DEBUGFUNCTION option supposed to dump the POST payload more
> than once? Likewise the response XML data payload from the server?

No, the debugfunction gets called with data libcurl sends and receives, and it
shouldn't send nor receive that data more than once.

The dump looks fine all the way to line 185 where there's something _after_
the final chunk.