Re: BUG#25: Connection-Close not recognised by Https over Proxy with Authentication

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 23:48:49 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, Olaf wrote:

> I did a patch for this BUG - and for me, it seems to run. Sorry, but I had
> to introduce a new ErrorCode - that is only used internally. I can also
> define a flag in one of the structures to transport the needed information
> between the calls.
>
> I tried not to change to much. Would you please have a look on the changed
> files (diff against 7.16.0 is attached) if you see any problems. I am open
> for all comments.

Thanks!

I didn't really like the addition of a new external error code just to deal
with an internal situation. We could solve that in many different ways, but
here's one take at doing the same without the extra public error code. I also
modified the check for "Connection: close" to use the already existing
internal function for it.

Any particular objections on this approach? Does it still work for you? I
don't have any decent way to test this right now.