Re: curl-library Digest, Vol 14, Issue 55

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 18:46:18 -0800

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 09:12:02AM +0700, Trinh Van Tai wrote:
> Thank for Repply!!
> I tried as you say, But It have error:
[...]
> configure:3236: checking for C compiler default output file name
> configure:3263: m68k-elf-gcc conftest.c >&5
> /usr/local/m68k-elf/bin/ld.real: cannot open crt0.o: No such
> file or directory
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This is the most basic sanity check of the compiler, and it failed because
the C startup object file couldn't be found. This actually is unsurprising,
because the name m68k-elf-gcc implies that the compiler was not configured
to use a C library. Typically, an *-elf-gcc compiler is used when
targetting a system running an RTOS or no OS (e.g. a bootloader). What
system are you trying to compile for?

>>> Dan