DNS cache time out problems

From: Frank Hempel <lists_at_frankoni.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 15:43:06 +0100

Hello,

I'm facing the problem that from time to time I get a lot
CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_HOST errors despite all easy handles which are
used are sharing the same shared handle which is setup for dns cache
sharing. I'm initializing the easy handle with the setopt argument
CURLOPT_DNS_CACHE_TIMEOUT = -1 in the hope that the once resolved
hostnames will survice the live of an easy handle. Nevertheless the
resolutions seem to get invalidated sometimes. I should mention that I
am querying three host(name)s only all the time.

I couldnt figure out an explicit interval after which the
CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_HOST errors occur because if the dns servers are
responding well then I get no error of course. I just took notice of it
in the last time when the dns servers I use got a bit lame.

Is there any hardwired timeout for the dns cache or did I misunderstood
the using of the sharing handle?

Thanks for your hints,
Ciao, Frank