Re: easy API: curl_easy_perform() doesn't return after receiving all data

From: James Buchanan <software.au_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 09:23:23 +1100

> > There is another issue. curl_easy_perform() returns an error "couldn't send
> > data to peer" even though immediately after that I get the error string and
> > the HTTP return code is 200.
>
> I don't get it. How do you get the error string and HTTP return code? What's
> the exact return code you get from curl_easy_perform() ?

I think what's happening is this: CURL tries to send data to the DNS
peer, I saw it when allowing it to get through my firewall, but it
"failed sending data to the peer" and got what it needed with either
the Windows DNS service or on Linux with some other method, but
succeeds in sending to port 80. Does that sound right? I'll enable DNS
in my hardware and software firewalls and see what happens.

I am using c-ares on Linux, 1.3.2. I'll try it on Windows as well and
see what happens, although I suspect this doesn't have anything to do
with my problem.