Re: easy API: curl_easy_perform() doesn't return after receiving all data

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 09:20:56 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, James Buchanan wrote:

> I think what's happening is this: CURL tries to send data to the DNS peer, I
> saw it when allowing it to get through my firewall, but it "failed sending
> data to the peer" and got what it needed with either the Windows DNS service
> or on Linux with some other method, but succeeds in sending to port 80. Does
> that sound right?

Not really, since libcurl first resolves the name and only after that it
connects to the remote site. So if the name resolve fails, it never tries to
access anything else.

CURLE_SEND_ERROR is however a return code you get when libcurl has failed to
send data over the network to the remote server (and this doesn't include DNS
traffic which is done separately).