Re: libssh2 sftp patch 11/9

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 22:21:28 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006, James Housley wrote:

> I made some progress on sftp.
> * File can be uploaded
> * The directory listing can be gotten
>
> I am having problems getting a remote file I open the file, but I need to
> figure out how to have data start coming.

How come you need a separate Curl_sftp_connect() that seems to repeat a great
deal of what Curl_scp_connect() also does? Won't it make sense to have these
two call a generic "ssh_connect()" function for all the general SSH stuff and
then only do the little differences in the Curl_sftp_connect() and
Curl_scp_connect() functions?

I have an idea regarding the dir listing. We could reuse the
CURLOPT_FTPLISTONLY option and allow a plain "list all dir entries only". For
the "normal" case we should probably output the dir in an easily parsed
format (parsed by software that is).

PS, when it is a simple and single patch you attach, please don't zip it but
send it attached "plainly" since it makes it a lot easier to read the patch
directly from within mail programs or when browsing this list archive on the
web!