Re: [ curl-Bugs-1600447 ] Active FTP upload/download with multi interface.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 14:09:54 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006, SourceForge.net wrote:

(A bug report I decided to discuss on the list as I think its more convenient.
Alexey, note that you need to subscribe before you can post to the list.)

> I'm trying to use multi interface for active FTP upload/download and have
> some problem similar to described here:
> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2006-06/0023.html.

That particular problem was fixed, as you can see in that thread.

> The process hangs up after a reply on PORT command is receved. Here is the
> verbose output:

What does it mean when a "process hangs up" ? You mean that it hangs (for a
long time)?

> So quick fix I've maid is the next:

Can you please show us that change with diff -u?

> But the only thing I'm worried about that with such fix the next call is
> blocking:

> easy->result = Curl_do_more(easy->easy_conn)

> because there is a select() with 60 seconds timeout in it. Obviously that is
> not good if we use multi interface.

> Could you please suggest another way to fix the problem?

Sorry, but I don't fully understand what the problem is, so I can't yet
suggest anything.

Are you saying that your server(s) are not connecting to the client after STOR
is sent?

Aren't we already doing FTP PORT nicely in the test suite? Why does it work
there and not for you?

(I haven't had time you check out your attached example.)