Re: [ curl-Bugs-1600447 ] Active FTPupload/downloadwithmultiinterface.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 18:15:33 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006, Alexey Simak wrote:

>> Then how come your suggested patch solved the problem? It did not change
>> that order in any way either. (And my version was just my take at improving
>> that patch.)
>
> The program hangs in function Curl_is_connected(). My patch excludes call of
> Curl_is_connected() in state CURLM_STATE_DO_MORE if ftp mode is active.

Yes, I realized the second connect wasn't done yet so my attempt was rather
lame.

I still consider my suggested approach the "proper" fix for this, as I simply
will not allow the multi code to have knowledge or care about ftp specifics
like that. I'm trying to improve libcurl in that department so even if the
code is still stuffed with a little bit too much knowledge about various
protocols distributed all over where it shouldn't be needed, I want to
decrease that kind of hacks.

If no one else is gonna have a go at fixing this, I might take a stab at it in
a few weeks.