(no subject)

From: Éric Trépanier <eric.trepanier_at_radialpoint.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 16:10:06 -0500

I am working on an application that uses the libcURL library (and the
companion C++ wrapper cURLpp library) to perform file downloads.

When downloading a large file under Windows XP (and earlier), I can
simulate a network failure by disconnecting my Ethernet cable (or by
disabling the default network interface).

In both cases, the libcURL library gracefully handles the situation
and provides the means for my application to be notified via a
callback mechanism.

Under Windows Vista however, the libcURL does not seem to handle the
same situation and apparently gets stuck in a loop. At that point,
libcURL stops invoking the progress notification callback method and
it appears that my download is hung up.

If the network failure was caused by disconnecting my Ethernet cable,
the transfer automatically resumes where it left off as soon as I
reconnect the cable.

If the network failure was caused by disabling the default network
interface, re-enabling it DOES NOT cause the transfer to
automatically resume.

Our application is not currently using the latest version of libcURL/
cURLpp, but I have tried upgrading to and the problem was not resolved.

I have put together a simple Visual Studio .Net 2003 solution that
demonstrates the problem using one of the provided example program.

If anybody is interested in it, please send me an email at
eric.trepanier@(spam-me-not)radialpoint.com and I will forward you a
copy.

I would appreciate a lot if anyone could help me out here.

--
Eric Trepanier
Radialpoint Inc.