Re: Problem with Location header redirect

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 20:07:04 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006, Dobromir Velev wrote:

> I'm experiencing some very strange timeouts before following a Location
> redirect. I'm sending a simple POST request to a page which responds with
> 302 Moved status and a Location redirect. Curl sends the request and parses
> the response properly, but then it timeouts before trying to send the second
> request to the new page.
>
> Any ideas?

The response looks badly formatted and it confused libcurl - it doesn't know
when the response ends. It is HTTP 1.1 (thus persistent by default) but has no
Content-Length, no chunked encoding, no conection: close and it seems the
connection isn't closed after the response.

The next libcurl version will skip reading that response body as it is a HTTP
violation.