Re: keeping connection on multi_remove_handle for FTP

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 23:03:21 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> No, it doesn't. I was wrong. We need to decide that another way.

I've thought about this issue some more.

The only reason we want/need this "cancel" info, is to know whether or not to
read/wait for the server response in Curl_ftp_done(), right?

But what if you remove a handle very early in the progress when libcurl issues
a long series of PWD commands? You could still manage to do that exactly when
a command has been sent and before a response has been (completely)
received...

I guess what I'm trying to say is: this problem is somewhat more complicated
than at least I previously were thinking.