Re: keeping connection on multi_remove_handle for FTP

From: Armel Asselin <asselin.armel_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 17:35:23 +0100

>>> if(outstanding send)
>>> complete the send
>>>
>>> if(not whole response received yet)
>>> receive the full response
>>
>> what do you mean by full response? full response text from control
>> connection?
>
> Yes, I mean the response the server sends back when you've sent a command
> to it.
OK so the plan now is first to:
- check if the 'done' bit in the request can be used to infer if the Do part
is completely finished
- determine how the end of command buffer of the last cancelled reqsuest of
the reused connection can be sent (is the end of buffer already stored there
in connection, in this case it would be easy, else do we have to add a field
for that)
- detemine if we need a bit 'need_abort' on the FTP connection also (which
we do set if the previously cancelled request needed a data connection)
- then code the cancel part in Curl_ftp_done( )
- and the re-use part probably near the start (temporaly speaking) of
Curl_ftp_do, with some new ftpstate values: FTP_REUSE (sending of last
command), FTP_ABOR (to abort data connection).

am i in the right direction?

Regards
Armel