libcurl hangs in select() function when accessing a lot of URLs

From: Vince Tagle <vtagle_at_newsguy.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 17:47:20 -0800

Hi,

I'm working on an app where I'm using libcurl to validate the
bookmarks contained in my del.icio.us account. For the most part,
libcurl works fine for this except when I try it out on an account
that has 6000+ bookmarks to check, where upon reaching bookmark #1400
or so, my app hangs. Looking at it in the debugger, libcurl appears
to be stuck trying to execute the select() function. Has anyone
encountered this before and if so, found a workaround or something
for it?

Some relevant details: this is with libcurl v7.15.4 running under Mac
OSX 10.4.8. I haven't yet tried upgrading to 7.16.0 but will do so
soon to see if it helps my problem any.