Re: libcurl hangs in select() function when accessing a lot of URLs

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 21:16:10 -0800

On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 05:47:20PM -0800, Vince Tagle wrote:
> I'm working on an app where I'm using libcurl to validate the
> bookmarks contained in my del.icio.us account. For the most part,
> libcurl works fine for this except when I try it out on an account
> that has 6000+ bookmarks to check, where upon reaching bookmark #1400
> or so, my app hangs. Looking at it in the debugger, libcurl appears
> to be stuck trying to execute the select() function. Has anyone
> encountered this before and if so, found a workaround or something
> for it?

Could you be running out of sockets at this point? Try forcing each socket
to close after each request using one of the ways libcurl allows for this
(e.g. forcing HTTP/1.0 mode). libcurl will attempt to leave them open
by default in case they can be reused for future requests, and you might
be running out of new ones, or hitting the limit on open sockets in select.

>>> Dan