Re: Race Condition in Curl_proxyCONNECT()

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 15:06:15 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, Steffen Rumler wrote:

> Below you can find a patch suitable for version 7.15.3. Basically, I keep
> the data not yet processed in the TCP socket buffer.

The history of this function is sadly enough that we once did the reading byte
by byte like in your patch, but we found cases where the proxy didn't behave
properly so we had to give in and read as much as possible so that we could
survive the cases when the proxy delivers some bonus junk after the response.

So, while I generally approve of your patch, I'm a bit hesitant on what to
do... :-(

Adding an option to handle the different situations feels like a terrible
kludge that I really want to avoid.