Re: CURLOPT_INFILESIZE and padded files

From: Peter Seebach <seebs_at_plethora.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 17:10:35 -0600

In message <Pine.LNX.4.64.0701170002450.10229_at_yvahk3.pbagnpgbe.fr>, Daniel Stenberg writes:
>On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Peter Seebach wrote:
>> Well, yes. In this case, I have a file which is always padded, and I want
>> to upload the unpadded portion, so I want to tell curl to upload ONLY the
>> number of bytes I specify, even if there seems to be more data in the file.

>Then you should probably provide a read callback that only sends that amount
>of data to libcurl when it asks for data.

I could, but I was trying to do this in a very lightweight way, and it seemed
that there might be some convenient way to specify this through options. The
behavior I got actually rather surprised me; it simply didn't occur to me that
curl would read more than the specified number of bytes from an input file.

-s