Re: Asking about compiling libcurl with libssh2 in Windows VC98

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 02:29:14 +0100

Hi Daniel,
> I'm not sure anyone has tried it yet. But please help us smoothen it out.

>> And the I add the following three parameters to compile libcurl in static
>> mode with libssh2 /DUSE_LIBSSH2, /DHAVE_LIBSSH2 /DHAVE_LIBSSH2_H in my
>> CFLAGS.

> Sounds like a good start. The defines could of course also be added in
> lib/config-win32.h if you'd prefer that.
did you try sftp on Linux already?

I did add these for NetWare, and although everything builds and links fine, and cURL reports the features - it doesnt work; I get all the time only:
curl: (2) Failure establishing ssh session

I used cURL with:
curl -u user:pass sftp://host
also tried:
curl -k -u user:pass sftp://host

when I compile the ssh2_sample.c which comes with libssh2 then all works fine; added some bits to the sample so that I could provide user/pass/host from commandline, and that works fine so far....

tested with libssh2 0.14

I was again short in time, so have not yet further debugged - just wanted to ask if you might have an idea, and if sftp works on Linux....; and if you have already a cURL test sample for that....

thanks, Guen.