Re: release-time

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 22:22:29 -0800

Rather recently, I wrote:
> The http_proxy problem is causing test case 63 to fail

I traced the source of this problem to use of a dangling pointer in the
proxy setup code. The function in which it was contained is >1200 lines
long and the use of the pointer was separated from the free of the memory
block by 450 lines. I'm sure that code can trace its ancestry back to
when Rich Stevens was still alive. I spotted a number of refactorizations
that could be made in there without a huge amount of risk; I'll try to
do some of them when I get a chance.

>>> Dan