Re: Command channel hangs after upload.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:37:48 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Stefan Eilers wrote:

> If a file is uploaded completely, the command channel seems to be broken.
> Thus, the transmit complete message is not received by the client and the
> client is unable to send commands to the server. Neither the client nor the
> server recognizes that the command channel is terminated.
>
> Our idea would be to send NOOP commands to the server while it uploads to
> keep the channel open. As we use the easy interface, we do not know how to
> realize that..

This is common when you do FTP transfers through a NAT/firewall that times out
the control connection during the transfer - thinking it has detected an idle
connection.

Sending a NOOP over the control connection every N minute/second is indeed a
good idea to help circumventing this problem, but libcurl has no support for
this currently.