SSL Read Errors

From: Patrick Heath <pat_at_i-tools.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 17:57:58 -0000

Can somebody please shed some light on the following error:

56 - SSL read: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0), errno 104

I and using a PHP script to connect to a banking API over https I receive
the following error on one server (running libcurl/7.12.1 OpenSSL/0.9.7a).
When I run the same script on several different servers it works fine:

libcurl/7.10.3 OpenSSL/0.9.6g

libcurl/7.12.1 OpenSSL/0.9.7a

libcurl/7.11.2 OpenSSL/0.9.7c

The hosting company are denying all responsibility blaming the API but the
bank is saying all is fine and its my hosts, as I can't see any logs on
either side I'm kinnda stuck :-(

I should point out that it has been running for 3 years with no issues until
the other day but my hosts won't tell me if that have made any changes on
the server like wise with the bank.

I've been googling a while but with no joy.

I'll past the curl part of the script below,

Any help is most appreciated

Kind regards

Pat.

<?php

$ch = curl_init();

curl_setopt( $ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, false);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPAUTH, CURLAUTH_ANY);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, 'https://www.secure-epayments.apixml.hsbc.com'
);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,1);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 20);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $XML);

$result = curl_exec($ch);

?>