Re: Problem with libldap, liblber detection on Mac OS X

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:41:51 -0800

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 05:49:44PM -0500, Daniel Johnson wrote:
> Libtool is doing
> shrext_cmds='`test .$module = .yes && echo .so || echo .dylib`'
>
> and
>
> eval std_shrext=\"$shrext_cmds\"
>
> so if $module is yes $std_shrext is .so.
>
> Liberal application of echos in configure shows that this is indeed
> happening.

I take it the resulting .so extension means that $module = yes is true.

> Well, curl isn't linking to it since it's being dlopened. The actual

Right, but configure looks for the library that would be linked if it
were linking directly, then follows symbolic links to find the
dynamic dlopen name.

> library is /System/Library/Frameworks/LDAP.framework/Versions/A/LDAP
> and both are symlinked to it.
>
> lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 57 Dec 20 19:47 /usr/lib/liblber.dylib -
> > /System/Library/Frameworks/LDAP.framework/Versions/A/LDAP
> lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 57 Dec 20 19:47 /usr/lib/libldap.dylib -
> > /System/Library/Frameworks/LDAP.framework/Versions/A/LDAP

Do you have the LDAP development package (or whatever the
Darwin equivalent is) installed which provides a library against which
an application can directly link? It's been a while since I looked
at how Apple does that, exactly.

>>> Dan