Re: Problem with libldap, liblber detection on Mac OS X

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 20:12:22 -0800

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 09:00:00PM -0500, Daniel Johnson wrote:
> So curl needs to pass either /System/Library/Frameworks/
> LDAP.framework/Versions/A/LDAP (the actual library) or simply
> libldap.dylib to dlopen. If no "/" appears in the path, dlopen will
> automatically search /usr/lib. You can alternatively link directly
> with the standard -lldap.

Ok, so no libraries use the .so extension? If that's the case, then
libtool is getting it wrong and $std_shrext should be .dylib. But, the
contents of shrext_cmds (test .$module = .yes && echo .so || echo .dylib)
implies otherwise.

Personally, I like Daniel's suggestion--drop all this dlopen oddness and
bind it at link time.

>>> Dan