Re: Windows SDK 2003 support for XP and XP x64

From: Robert (Bob) A. Monat <bob_at_jerand.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 12:05:13 -0500

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>> Attached are patches and new files (sdk2003.zip) to add support for
>> Windows SDK 2003 for XP (32 bit) and XP x64 (64 bit). The build
>> targets are sdk2003_xp and sdk2003_xpx64.
>
> Thanks! But why the need for entirely new Makefiles? Wouldn't it make
> more sense to just tweak the existing ones?

Next try. Only one target sdk2003. Given the current makefile structure,
it seems to make more sense to have additional makefiles. Makefile.vc6
implies to me Microsoft Visual C++ 6 and not other environments.
Differences include compiler options and included libraries. Also, based
on previous experiences, conditional logic in makefiles, particularly
cross-platform makefiles, does not work well.

Bob Monat