Re: libcurl hang in poll() using easy interface

From: Sami M <sami2065_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 19:03:05 -0800 (PST)

I think I have figured it out thanks to some previous messages. I had not setup openssl callbacks. I was using easy interface on a multi-threaded crawler application with multiple threads retrieving data in parallel using independent curl handles. I was reusing curl handles (but not simultaneously) and using curl_share interface for DNS caching/sharing. The app would run normally for a while before loosing threads to the given deadlock/hang over an extended run.

>> And this hangs for more than 1000 ms?
Yes. There was no way to recover a hung thread. It did not timeout. However the rest of application including other curl handles worked fine during this.

>> And you're sure that you do get traffic on this socket, that would make it stop waiting?
I was getting traffic. Individual threads worked normally for a while until they ran into this issue.

Thanks,
Sami