Re: Windows SDK 2003 support for XP and XP x64

From: Robert (Bob) A. Monat <bob_at_jerand.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 10:17:41 -0500

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> Can we make it work like Shmulik Regev suggests?
>
> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2007-02/0138.html
>
> I could have the "VC8" version autogenerated when the source tarball
> is created. Or isn't that VC8 version good enough for Windows SDK 2003 ?

In addition to the compiler switches, we need to allow for different
machine architectures (x86, amd64, and ia64) and an additional library
(bufferoverflowu.lib). I would also like to allow for 32-bit and 64-bit
SSL (currently in their distribution) and zLib (still builds all in one
directory) library directories. After updating Makefile.vc6, we could
autogenerate Makefile.vc8 as suggested.

Bob Monat