Re: Linux 2.6 i686 icc 9.0 - Daily builds

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 14:36:26 +0100

Hi,

On Feb 16, 14:11, "Yang Tse" wrote:
>Report of the daily builds mystery department ;-)
>
>Three daily builds named "Linux 2.6 i686 icc 9.0" are exhibiting the
>somewhat strange behaviour of issuing warnings #1469 and #593 when
>compiling its own macros FD_SET, FD_ISSET, and FD_ZERO.
>
>* 593 warns on "variable __d0 was set but never used"
>* 1469 warns on "cc clobber ignored"
>
>Since the testsuite runs with no problems, I tried to disable this
>warnings for ICC 9.0 with the patch
>http://cool.haxx.se/cvs.cgi/curl/acinclude.m4.diff?r1=1.116&r2=1.117
>
>But the fact is that the patch makes no difference, we get the same result.
>
>Looking deeper into the logs we can see the lines "checking for gcc...
>icc", "checking gcc version... 9.1". This is a very good reason for
>the above patch to not work it is only addressing version 9.0.
>
>Several questions arise.
>
>Is it icc 9.1 or actually 9.0, or even a 9.1 version with 9.0 headers ?

It's 9.1, the compiler had been updated and I hadn't noticed. Specifically,
it's 91_039. I have now corrected my setup files for the autobuilds, so
from tomorrow on it should at least indicate the correct version in the
title.

[...]

>Do I revert previous patch, or wait for further
>investigation/reinstallation/whatever ?

Maybe if changed to test for 9.1 (-dumpversion shows 9.1) it would work,
but as I recall it was the same for 9.0 so maybe you should just add 9.1.
Or we could try to figure out if the warning could be handled some other way.

-Tor