Using CURLOPT_PROXY to turn off proxy use?

From: Adam D. Moss <adam_at_gimp.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 20:20:54 +0000

Hello!

We've been using libcurl 7.13 on a project for a while and we've been
doing this setopt call for a few cases where we explicitly want to
bypass a proxy which would otherwise be used (which is specified
through environment vars):
curl_easy_setopt(mCurlHandle, CURLOPT_PROXY, "");

Having upgraded to 7.16.1, the same call doesn't appear to override
the environment vars - the HTTP PUT goes through the proxy.

I see that using "" as a CURLOPT_PROXY isn't a documented way to
turn off HTTPing proxying for a handle; is it still supposed to serve
this purpose? Is there a better way to skip any proxying for a handle?

Thanks,
--Adam