Re: Curl 7.16.x and multi interface

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:35:03 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:

> I am trying to fight with GIT over HTTP: it delivers cores for me. I've
> traced the problem to the CURL library.

Then please consider the curl-library mailing list. I'm cc'ing my reply over
to that list (as well as to the original curl-users list where you posted
this).

Also, are you using the CVS HEAD libcurl version when you experience these
problems?

> First problem: when two easy connections are using the same physical
> connection (and thus the same 'struct connectdata *')

You're then implying Pipelining, right? I wasn't aware that git enabled
pipelining.

> But another problem is that when the physical connection is dead, as
> detected in ConnectionExists() the Curl_disconnect should notify all 'easy'
> connections sharing this one. I've tried to do this by setting the
> easy->easy_conn to NULL and easy->state to COMPLETED. But this proved to be
> the wrong solution: I started to have the never-ending connections or
> started to catch weird 404 codes.

Would you be able to write up a test case or a stand-alone source snippet that
repeats this problem?

> The patch is attached. I was working at FreeBSD, so there is an additional
> patch stanza for the lib/url.c -- it comes from the FreeBSD ports patch.
> Perhaps it can be integrated into the mainstream CURL too.

Not until someone can tell me why it is needed, and why only for FreeBSD. I've
actually tried to get that information from the FreeBSD people several times
over the years, but failed.