Re: VC8 Makefiles

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:00:21 +0100

2007/3/15, Jonathan Arnold wrote;

> I think they are made via a script, and are not actually part of CVS. Which
> actually brings up something I've been meaning to say about Windows make
> files (or .vcproj files). There really should be 8 targets for Visual Studio:
>
> 1] Debug & Release DLLs using static VC libs (Code Generation = /MT)
> 2] Debug & Release DLLs using VC DLLs (Code Generation = /MD)
> 3] Debug & Release libs using static VC libs (Code Generation = /MT)
> 4] Debug & Release libs using VC DLLs (Code Generation = /MD)

Target # 1 should not be done, nor supported. If the user wants to
shoot his feet himself its his problem. If we provide a configuration
that does it, its ours.

See http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2006-11/0188.html
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2007-02/0281.html and
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2007-03/0011.html

That leaves only 6 targets instead of 8 :-)

--
-=[Yang]=-