download manager features: pause/resume, multi, bandwidth control

From: Dely Nicolas <Nicolas.Dely_at_thomson.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 14:20:05 +0100

Hi list,

My first post on this list, I have not still found an answer for my
questions on the archives so I decide to ask you.

As I said in the subject, I'm trying to implement a download manager
based on libcurl. I'm looking for a simple *mule like client with
http/ftp fetch instead of edonkey p2p protocol

I've chosen libcurl because of its license and features (multiple
downloads, bandwidth control...)

It seems that pause/resume feature is not available as is using libcurl,
I would like to tell easy handle to pause its data fetching and be able
to resume transfer later? I don't know if curl_easy_perform allows this
kind of behavior or maybe add this feature in my progress function.

The second feature I would like to implement is the ability to assign
"priority"/bandwidth limit to items in download list like *mule does
(High, medium, low) and change the bandwidth of one or more while the
download is performing

I Hope someone can explain how difficult is this task using libcurl, and
if it is possible with or without modifying libcurl code ;-)

PS: I'm joining greetings for 9 years of curl development

Thanks

Nicolas