RE: difference in behaviour of libcurl in windos and linux

From: kuriakose <kuriakose_at_huawei.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 03:15:54 +0530

>Modified behaviour between two versions should not surprise anyone. >What
would
>the purpose of doing new releases be otherwise?

New releases should not mask already working functionality in old releases .
If it does it can cause surprise .

> See? This server refuses to do ftp-ssl when asked for it and libcurl bails
> out since it couldn't use the requested ftp-ssl level.
The server is the same in both cases .The libcurl versions are different

> This failed to use ftp-ssl but silently ignored that and proceeded
> with normal ftp.
Please say if this is what you meant.
Since in 1st case it is a lower version of libcurl(7.15.1) it ignored
ftp-ssl and proceeded with normal ftp . But in 2nd case it is a higher
version which proceeds only if ftp-ssl otherwise bails out since it couldn't
use ftp-ssl. Hence you meant this was an intended change in the new version.
 Thanks in advance.

Regards
Kuriakose