Re: Compiling libcurl 7.16.2 with VC8 (was Re: [curlib.lib] unresolved externals

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 11:34:52 +0200

2007/4/12, Tiago Conceição wrote:

> yes that metod work for me (app)
> but in my true project (dll) no. i include all i do all yours steps but
> always say external problems

It seems that most probably you have a very nice mix of all flavours of CRTs.

You are trying to wrap static libcurl plus 8 other different static
libraries all in one single DLL. Wooooow !!!!

He,he. I'm remembering someone who recently has said that people
should be educated against this. Well. In any case this is NOT a
libcurl issue.

You have to rebuild absolutely all and each library of the 9 static
libraries you are using with the "Multi-threaded DLL (/MD)" Runtime
Library setting in "Configuration Properties -> C/C++ -> Code
Generation"

Before rebuilding them make sure, you 'clean' each project' before rebuilding.

And yes I insist. I know you are building static libraries and I
insist in using the "Multi-threaded DLL (/MD)" CRT for building them.
And also do it with the curlib/libcurl library

Once you have built all the static libs. Now you have to build the DLL
which wraps all of them also with the "Multi-threaded DLL (/MD)" CRT.

And once you have done that, you will also have to build the App which
is going to use the DLL also with the "Multi-threaded DLL (/MD)" CRT.

In short _rebuild_ _everything_ _using_ _the_ "Multi-threaded DLL (/MD)" CRT.

If you want me to look further into this you must provide the simplest
project you can in which you can reproduce the error and the source
code for it so that compilation can be tried.

You`ll have have fun this weekend.

Please report back any findings, good or bad.

--
-=[Yang]=-