Many easy handles, one socket?

From: Nick Zitzmann <nick_at_chronosnet.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 20:02:24 -0600

I've already searched Google and couldn't find a good answer to this
question...

I've got an object-oriented program. One of these objects holds a
single CURL easy handle. Each instance of these objects are used only
once, whenever we want to make a network connection. After the
connection is done, the instance is deallocated.

This works in most cases, but it's kind of wasteful when HTTP 1.1
supports holding a connection open for multiple transactions. So I
was wondering if there was a way to have libcurl use the same socket
for multiple easy handles, and if so, then what do I need to do to
get this working? I've seen a reference to a "hiper" project on
curl.haxx.se; was that ever finished?

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>