build libcurl with SSL support (was Re: (pas de sujet))

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:31:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, jlefevre wrote:

> i have some problem to compile libcurl with the ssl support.

> i 'm under windows i develop with msys / mingw, i download the binaries
> openSSL 097 and libcurl 7.16.1

If you downloaded the binaries, what are you trying to build?

If you want to build this yourself, you need the OpenSSL headers too so you
probably need some kind of dev/source package for it.

> so the step are
> ./configure --with-ssl=the path until my binary openssl
> make
> make install
>
> problem is when i run the configure i have this one
> SSL support: no (--with-ssl / --with-gnutls)
>
> if somebody ca help me ....

When configure as run, open "config.log" in your text editor, search for
OpenSSL and check exactly what tests that were run and why they failed and try
to adjust.

But as I said, you need the include files as well as the libs for OpenSSL to
be used when libcurl is built. Also, configure's --with-ssl option identifies
a path to an OpenSSL installation, not to a binary.