Re: How to control number of open descriptors with curl_multi_socket

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 23:47:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 6 May 2007, Pedro Larroy wrote:

> I'm using curl_multi_socket interface with around 10 handles, but number of
> open fds by the process goes up a lot more than that, I have even seen fds
> up to 50 opened (many in the CLOSE_WAIT state) but curl doesn't seem to leak
> fds anymore. Is there an upper bound in the number of open fds, or a
> recommended way to control this?

libcurl has a connection cache which is on a per-multi handle basis and it can
hold up to 4 times the number of added easy handles. But other than that, I
don't think libcurl should keep any extra file descriptors around much.

And no, there's currently no way to limit or control this. Any suggestions?
What kind of problems with this or limitations do you have?