sftp postquote command rename fix/diff question

From: Kristian Gunstone <kristian.gunstone_at_pean.org>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 10:56:37 +0200

Hi guys, I just become a subscriber to this mailing-list after breeze in
#curl (freenode) suggested I do so.

I've recently been playing with the new sftp support in libcurl,
  which I am using to upload an image in a little webcam program.

However, when I issued the 'rename' command I noticed that I would get
an error if the destination file already existed. Pollita(freenode)
informed me that this was not a 'bug' in libssh2, but that this was how
the standard specified it should respond.

Either way, I made a modification in curl (/lib/ssh.c) which would check
if the destination file existed, and if it did, unlink it before the
rename was issued.

I made a diff which can be found here:

http://www.pulia.nu/code/junk/curl-lib_ssh_c-rename_unlink_dest.diff

I've never hacked around with the internals of libcurl before, and I
have absolutely no idea whatsoever if this kind of thing would break
something else (protocol specification-wise from a libcurl point of view)
or how and if I should commit this.

I made this for curl-7.16.3-20070509 which I got from
http://cool.haxx.se/curl-daily/,

and I built it against libssh2-0.15-20070509.

Thanks,

--
Kristian Gunstone
http://www.pulia.nu