Network Failure Causes Curl to Crank At the Processor

From: Chris Barton <notnatural_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 08:49:39 -0700

Hello all,Regarding this mailing list thread: CURL loops infinitely when cable is pulled out.Was this problem fixed? I'm running Red Hat Linux and using the multi interface with libCurl 7.16.1. I have read the changelist for 7.16.2 and it didn't seem to mention that this was fixed.I've run into the issue that when the route from the server to the client while downloading is lost (i.e., cable is pulled) the client's library spins away the CPU and never calls the write callback.Reading all the posts for the above mentioned email thread just left me confused. Sorry that I have to (sort of) repost on this issue. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks,-Chris
Change is good. See what’s different about Windows Live Hotmail.
http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/learnmore/default.html?locale=en-us&ocid=RMT_TAGLM_HMWL_reten_changegood_0507