RE: Memory leak with curl 7.15.3

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 13:45:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 21 May 2007, Sudipto Podder (GR/EIL) wrote:

(Please don't top-post)

> My application is such that it sets up one handle using the
> curl_easy_init call and continues to post messages using that handle. I
> have not yet used curl_easy_cleanup()(since my application requirement
> is to have one session, which polls constantly) and neither have I used
> the recent version of curl.
>
> Regarding memory growth, the growth is continuous.

Please try with libcurl 7.16.2 first since nobody here considers chasing bugs
that are already fixed to be a very fun game.

if the memory is freed on cleanup() then it isn't a leak just use. libcurl has
several internal caches/buffers.

continuous for how long/many requests?

What kind of memory amounts are we talking about?