Re: NTLM POST improvement idea

From: Jamie Lokier <jamie_at_shareable.org>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 15:34:28 +0100

> He then suggested we instead could check if the response is a HTTP 1.1 as
> then we can disconnect (if the POST data is larger than some magic limit
> perhaps) and instead resend the initial POST request with chunked-encoding
> as then the initial POST can be very small!
>
> This fix is not in my personal TODO-list, but if there's anyone around who
> does a lot of NTLM POSTs this could be something to explore on a rainy
> day...

There was a thread related to this on the <ietf-http-wg_at_w3.org> list
not long ago, which may be worth a look.

Look for subjects:

    [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-decroy-http-progress-00.txt]
    Status 102, Re: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-decroy-http-progress-00.txt]

Among other things, it was mentioned that chunked requests are a
rather untested part of the HTTP/1.1 world because they aren't
commonly used. Even if the server is fine, proxies might break.

-- Jamie