Re: SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 22:58:52 -0700

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 04:26:49AM +0000, Paul S wrote:
> Hi,
> Using the code below I get a "SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version
> number" error:
[...]
> easy.SetOpt(CURLoption.CURLOPT_SSLVERSION,
> CURLsslVersion.CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1);
>
> This is the error. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Could it be you're specifying the wrong version number? Either that or
whatever is answering on that port number isn't speaking TLS. The program
snipped you gave specifies a port number of 221, while the example you gave
shows 5001, neither of which of standard ftps port numbers (990 is).
Chances are you want to negotiate TLS after a plain-text ftp connection,
in which case you want to use a ftp: URL, not ftps:, and set the
CURLOPT_FTP_SSL option.

>>> Dan