RE: Request To Memory Buffer

From: Uygar Gümüs <uygar.gumus_at_vestel.com.tr>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 11:05:20 +0300

Thanks for quick reply but that example shows saving to memory. My case is about reading from that memory block like reading from server url.

For example
I saved data for http:///xxx.y to buffer as shown in example and than at second attempt to request http:///xxx.y do not make a curl request to server but read data from that buffer with curl callbacks (write callback actually) My code should be like this...

if(url not in cache)
{
     curl_easy_setopt(curl_handle, CURLOPT_URL, "http://cool.haxx.se/");

    curl_easy_setopt(curl_handle, CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION, WriteCallback);

    curl_easy_setopt(curl_handle, CURLOPT_WRITEDATA, (void *)&chunk);

}
else
{
  [do something to force curl read from memory]
}

I am doing this because there are some code blocks which assumes that "data will be given from CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION callback, not directly" and i don`t want to change that part because of possible changes by developers of that parts.

curl_easy_perform(curl_handle);

curl_easy_cleanup(curl_handle);

Uygar....