Re: exact number of connections (was Re: limit connection cache growth on multi interface)

From: Robert Iakobashvili <coroberti_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:43:34 +0300

On 6/6/07, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> > Is there any option to configure the exact number of connections to be
> used
> > by curl handle for page fetching from a HTTP server?
>
> I'm not following. libcurl will only and always use one single connection
> do a HTTP request.

Let's say, somebody wants to emulate behavior of Firefox or MSIE,
using libcurl.
To the best of my knowledge, the browsers are fetching a page,
looking into the page body and are either re-using existing connection
by pipelining or opening new connections to fetch the found images.

Any your ideas regarding the "best mode" of such implementation and
which current features or new libcurl features to be added to facilitate
such emulation would be very much appreciated.
Thank you.

--
Sincerely,
Robert Iakobashvili,