Re: Newbie: problem with libraries

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 00:32:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007, Philippe de Rochambeau wrote:

> Does anyone know why the win32 distribution does not include any .lib files?

Because I make those packages and I don't use windows myself or realize the
impact of not providing .lib files... I believe I can use "dlltool" to create
them.

I'm interested in feedback and help telling me exactly what should be in those
packages to make them fine.

Here's my attempt at making a .lib file for 7.16.2:

         http://daniel.haxx.se/libcurl.lib

(i586-mingw32msvc-dlltool --dllname libcurl-4.dll -l libcurl.lib *.o)