Installation Question

From: NICOLAS KOURTELLIS <nkourtel_at_mcs.anl.gov>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 16:52:28 -0500

Dear sirs,

I am installing Ferret 6.02 (http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/) on a Linux
2.6.11.8 GNU, and I am running into the following error, when I try to
execute the command that calls Ferret:

>ferret_v602
>ferret_v602: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl.so.2: cannot

I tried to find this library and install it without success.
My administrator, found and installed the curl tool for me, but the version
he intalled contains libcurl.so.3. This doesn't seem to solve the problem,
since I get the same error.

Any suggestions how to solve this problem?

I found some info on the web, talking about the RPM packages, but there is
no RPM system on the node I am working on.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me with.

(I did check in the FAQ and email posts, but nothing...)

--
Nicolas Kourtellis
University of South Florida, USA